63 - Programme Analyst - 4 Vacancies DEADLINE EXTENDED - Jerusalem
|Application Type :
|Job ID/Title :
||63 - Programme Analyst - 4 Vacancies DEADLINE EXTENDED|
|Post Level :
|Application Deadline :
|Duty Station :
|Type of Contract :
||100 Series |
|Post Number :
(for 100 Series Contracts)
|Languages Required :
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected canditate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :
||one year renewable|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Social Capital Team Leader, the Programme Analyst is responsible for management of UNDP programme within the thematic/sectoral areas assigned. The Programme Analyst analyzes political, social and economic trends and leads formulation, management and evaluation of programme activities within his/her portfolio, provides policy advice services.
The Programme Analyst supervises and leads programme support staff, coordinates activities of the projects’ staff. The Programme Analyst works in close collaboration with the operations team, programme staff in other UN Agencies, UNDP HQs staff and Government officials, technical advisors and experts, multi-lateral and bi-lateral donors and civil society ensuring successful UNDP programme implementation.
|Description of Responsibilities:|
- Ensures implementation of Social Capital programme strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
· Thorough analysis and research of the political, social and economic situation in the country and preparation of substantive inputs to CCA, UNDAF, CPD, CPAP, (Strategy Framework) and other documents.
· Identification of areas for support and interventions within the thematic/sectoral areas assigned.
· CO business processes mapping and preparation of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Results Management.
- Ensures effective management of the programmewithin the thematic/sectoral areas assigned focusing on quality control from formulation to implementation of the country programme achieving the following results:
· Effective application of RBM tools, establishment of management targets (BSC) and monitoring achievement of results.
· Design and formulation of CO programme within the area of responsibility, translating UNDP’s priorities into local interventions. Coordination of programme implementation with the executing agencies. Introduction of performance indicators/ success criteria, cost recovery, targets and milestones.
· Initiation of a project, presentation of the project to PAC, entering project into Atlas ( in small offices), finalization of contribution agreement; determination of required revisions; coordination of the mandatory and budget re-phasing exercises, closure of projects through review. Programme Analyst can perform functions of Manager Level 1 in Atlas for POs and vouchers approval, participates in recruitment processes for projects.
· Financial and substantive monitoring and evaluation of the projects, identification of operational and financial problems, development of solutions. Participation in audit of NEX projects.
· Follow up on audit recommendations. All exceptions are timely reported.
· Aggregate reports are regularly prepared on activities, outputs and outcomes. Preparation of donor reports.
3. Ensures creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization strategy focusing on achievement of the following results:
· Development of partnerships with the UN Agencies, IFI’s, government institutions, bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors, private sector, civil society in the specific thematic areas based on strategic goals of UNDP, country needs and donors’ priorities.
· Analysis and research of information on donors, preparation of substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation, identification of opportunities for initiation of new projects, active contribution to the overall office effort in resource mobilization.
4. Ensures provision of top quality advisory services to the Government and facilitation of knowledge building and management focusing on achievement of the following results:
· Identification of sources of information related to policy-driven issues. Identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learnt directly linked to programme country policy goals.
· Support to development of policies and institutions that will address the country problems and needs in collaboration with the Government and other strategic partners.
· Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
· Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on programme issues.
· Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards
· Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP
· Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
· Treats all people fairly without favoritism
Knowledge Management and Learning
· Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture in the office
· In-depth knowledge on development issues
· Ability to advocate and provide policy advice
· Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness
· Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting
· Ability to lead formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development programmes and projects, mobilize resources
· Good knowledge of the Results Management Guide and Toolkit
· Strong IT skills
· Ability to lead implementation of new systems (business side), and affect staff behavioral/ attitudinal change
Management and Leadership
- Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Leads teams effectively and shows conflict resolution skills
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
Prince2 training and certification, RMG
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the success of country programme within specific areas of cooperation. In particular, the key results have an impact on the design, operation and programming of activities, creation of strategic partnerships as well as reaching resource mobilization targets.
Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences, Social Sciences or related field.
2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing management advisory services, hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects related to the following sectors: Social and Human Development (Education, Health, Civil Society, Gender and Governance).
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
Knowledge of and/or experience working in the occupied Palestinian territories will be considered an asset.
Understanding of UNDP or UN procedures, regulations, and practices will be considered an asset.
Fluency in English and Arabic with strong writing and presentation skills, including reports and business correspondence.